Monday, January 29, 2007

Been to Mississippi



On the 26th, I flew to Memphis, TN to get picked up to head to Mississippi. I had never been, but always look forward to new places and new faces. This wekend represented MCYC - the christian youth convention for the state.

I enjoy doing these types of events. Away for the glamour and glitz that sometimes comes with major events, you get to be very genuine here. Not that I am not geniune at large events, but some of those events never allow you to slow down and chat with the people.

The theme was Extreme Makeover: Christ Edition. We talked Friday night about building alife on Jesus so that when the storms come, you can endure the storm. Then it happened. The "hey nice job" and "great to have you" went to transparent conversation. One man chared about the death of his father. One mother shared about the struggle of her oldest daughter. It was clear from the get go that Mississippi was comfortable with who they were. I love that.

The weekend continued and highlights happened a lot. What is amazing about this convention was I was not the scheduled speaker and the band wasn't scheduled either. Both of us filled in as back ups due to some unforeseen issues.

Nonetheless, God planned something well beyond all of us. I was truly humbled and moved. Mississippi was great. A special thanks to Bobby Joe, Michael, Mel, and the cast of hooligans who helped make me feel at home.

So Mississippi - don't be afraid to call if you need anything!

www.mississippichristian.com