Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Good Grades All The Way!

Well, for whatever reason, I went back to seminary this last semester. Many people have found that to be surprising, but not me. There is no doubt I did not take advantage of the education I received while attending LCC. However, though I did not show it through my efforts, I truly respected my professors. Through the ups and downs, they maintained constant encouragement and accountability. Because of them, I am better for it.

But why go back and why now? To right some of the wrong and to redevelop some pieces in my thinking. I want to be equipped the best I can be for this church plant and surprising LCS was very much on the pulse of some things I needed to develop. I have enjoyed my classes and professors. But here is the good news - though I had to take and incomplete in one class, (which means I have extra time to complete my work due to the complex schedule for church planting) I am pleased to announce that I have received an "A" for Strategies and Methods for Urban Ministry and an "A-" in Imaging God's World.

Truth be known, I am beside myself. I really thought I wouldn't make it some days. But I can learn on this level as well as succeed. I thank God, my wife, and those pesky profs for continung to challenge and spur me on to seminary. Oh and I also need to thank Mike Wittl who is sitting somewhere in Avon saying "I told you that seminary would be different."

Take care and God bless,

Danny